About the course
This self-paced eLearning course covers basic Results-Based Management (RBM) concepts, how it can be applied, and provides participants with hands-on practice using some key RBM tools.
This course is out-of-this world as it uses gamification, storytelling and a science-fiction theme to spark your interest and to facilitate learning.
If you work for a Canadian small or medium organization (SMO) involved in international cooperation, then this course is for you!
What will you learn?
Our learning guides, Prami and Kroja, along with the entire Peace & Play team, will take you through a co-operative building exercise on their world using RBM tools and methods, helping you to learn:
- Why RBM matters
- The key aspects of results chains
- The logic model and theory of change
- How to build an effective results framework and M&E framework
- How to take a Participatory Approach to RBM
- How to integrate gender equality at each phase
- And much more.
Time expectations and the learning experience
- The total duration of the course is about 3 hours.
- It is recommended that you work in 10-20 minute periods to maximize your learning experience. You can log-off in between sections, and the program will save your place. Please enable cookies in your browser when prompted.
- Special accommodations are available for people who are visually impaired, deaf or hard of hearing including:
- Transcripts of all course material
- A special section of the Guided Tour that points out accommodation features
- The course is compatible with Screen Reading Software like JAWS and NVDA. Find a how-to document here which goes over how to use these tools.
- You will receive a certificate of completion from Spur Change once you pass the final assessment.
►About the training developers
Baastel is a Canadian-owned consulting firm with global presence and three decades of experience across a broad range of sectors and services.
Committed to just and sustainable development for all, we support decision-makers and stakeholders from grassroots to government, providing knowledge, skills, systems, and tools to enhance their impact.
From strategic planning to evaluation, and gender analysis to GIS, our global, multilingual, and multidisciplinary network of staff, partners, associates, and affiliates allows us to understand and respond to each client’s distinctive needs. Learn more about them on their website.
Octo D is a multilingual, elearning architect. Our trainings sessions are pedagogically effective, easy to use and visually captivating.
We serve organizations that care about skill development and are excited about our involvement in the community. For more information, visit their website.